Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Here's is our little man!

I was 18 years old when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. Who was born 5 weeks early on May 24,1997 at Kaiser Hospital after a long and horrific labor. However I still gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and named him Evan Michael Carrillo.

I would love to sit here and write down every detail of his short little life but that would be like a book so instead I will shorten and share with you some of my favorite photos and maybe every once in awhile when i am having a hard day post a little something or a picture that I want to show you to go along with a memory that pops in my head.

This I feel is a great way to keep his memmory fresh in my mind. You see I have recently had healthy twin boys and I feel like I am starting to forget the little things and I do not want that to happen.

I hope you all enjoy this and are able to find comfort for those of you who were blessed to have him in your life. If you know somebody who is grieving then pass this to them and maybe they could start their own blog. I think it is already helping.

I tried support groups that was the same thing over and over and it was not helping me so I am always am look for a new way to cope. Hopefully this works.

Well anyways we lost Evan on July 5,2002 after one of his surguries this one was to place a feeding tube in his stomach instead of his nose. It was to hard on his weak lungs and he died 4 days later. I could not of asked for it to happen any other way it was in my arms with me singing his favorite song. I knew how sick he was we all watch him get sicker so It was comfort to know that our precious baby went to be where he could no longer have pain or a wheelchair or surguries. He can now walk and run and live the way we all wanted him to live.

He is missed and I hurt everyday but I truely find comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering and he is with the amazing man who created him.

I also now will explain the crazy song you are hearing. Chop suey was his favorite song.
He would bounce on the bed and sing what word that he new and he loved it. I t was also his c.d that I listened to.

13 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger MarylandMommy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a precious gem!!!!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger trisha said...

i have had to wait to comment on this- it doesn't seem like it's been as long as it has...he was so happy and had that big fang smile we all loved. he will always be a part of us- he will never be forgotten-we miss you evan...love titi

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger bookwormaddict said...

Hi Heather,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I love the pictures you put up of your son. What an awesome, joy filled smile he has! What a wonderful way to keep him in your hearts and a way to share him with the world of what a great little boy he was and is (in Heaven).
God Bless you Always!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger hazel said...

I just saw this link on your other blog, where I had commented on how I didn't know what happened to your son.

it was a beautiful story. the fact that he died in your arms is both painfully sad and deeply moving. thank you so much for sharing - I'd imagine that this could be great comfort for someone in a similar situation. and for those of us who are not, it's good reason to go home and hug our loved ones.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Renee said...

I just came acoss your blogs. Evan is so precious. I know he is running free and happy right now. Thanks for sharing him with us!:-)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Martha said...

Hugs to you Heather... Having had my son 9 weeks early, I am amazed by your strength. I know Evan is watching over you now and continuing doing God's work. Your time with him was far to short yet you have been incredibly blessed.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger steve said...

Yes your son is with the amazing man that created him. I love that you rock Chop Suey for him! That is so great! Thank you for sharing your son with us and also sharing your heart.

God is Good

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I saw your coment on Rebekahs site and wanted to pop by your site. I see you havn't been blogging for long, but I want to encourage you to stick with it. You may find it's alot more than you hoped for. Just this week through Rebekah's prayers my heart was touched by the community of bloggers that support her. Donna and Steve who have left comments above are wonderful people I have recently met. I talked to Rebekah's father today and I am confident that he would appreciate you blogging for her. As many as we can spread the word to, all the more people can pray and support them. There is a button on my site you can copy for your sidebar if you like.

I hope you find healing for your lost boy. I have three boys myself each goofy and precious in their own way. Love lasts forever, no one can take that from you. (Hugs)

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Rebekah Christine said...

Heather. I don't know whether they are tears of joy for Evan or tears of pain for you but I am completely bawling right now.

"Well anyways we lost Evan on July 5,2002 after one of his surguries this one was to place a feeding tube in his stomach instead of his nose. It was to hard on his weak lungs and he died 4 days later. I could not of asked for it to happen any other way it was in my arms with me singing his favorite song. "

THIS WAS SO MUCH US ON TUESDAY. Except we only THOUGHT we were going to loose Rebekah. I am so blessed that you would write something so touching. I am also SO VERY scared that this is prophetic.

-Rebekah's Daddy
rebekahspage.blogspot.com

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Your little boy is adorable. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

He may be in a better place, but unfortunately it's all of us left behind who still suffer

We lost my niece to a brain tumor when she was 4, it was 9 years ago but the sense of loss never leaves.

I think its wonderful that you are writing about him.

God bless you, I will add you to my prayers.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Beautiful blog here. I can not imagine anything harder than losing a child.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Heather W. said...

Heather,
Don't worry, you will NEVER forget him! This is a great blog, I am glad I stopped by and got to see pics of your little man!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Kristi Ann said...

what a wonderful way to share a little life! He was SUCH a cutie!!!!!
Found you through Rachels blog....she also lost her child.

Thank you for sharing a piece of him with me! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Video code provided by HotCodez.com